Nutritional Services with Katie Busa, RD LDN
Katie Busa, RD LDN is a Registered Dietitian who earned her degree in nutrition at Simmons College in Boston, MA. She completed her dietetic internship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA. She is registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and licensed in Massachusetts by the Board of Registration of Dietitians and Nutritionists. In addition to offering nutrition counseling at Summit Health and Fitness, Katie is employed by Spaulding Hospital Cambridge, a long term acute care facility. There, she specializes in nutrition support for traumatic brain injuries, hemodialysis, diabetes, cardiac issues, and organ transplantation.
At summit health + fitness, Katie offers nutrition counseling in the areas of:
- Weight management
- Sports nutrition
- Cholesterol and triglyceride reduction
- Cardiovascular disease
- Food allergies and intolerances
- GI disorders
- Chronic kidney disease
Food should be an enjoyable part of your life and Katie’s entire philosophy is centered around helping you develop a healthy relationship with the food that you eat. Whether that means restoring your optimal metabolic function for an active lifestyle or dispelling the nutrition myths and ‘fad diets’ that are constantly promoted to you by the public, Katie is your partner in helping you set and achieve your goals.
Are you ready for an individualized approach and personalized plan to achieve your nutrition goals? Make an appointment for a consultation so that we can develop a plan that fits your specific needs!
Nutrition Consultation ($100)
What we will discuss:
- Your personal nutrition & health related goals
- Analysis of your macronutrient and micronutrient intake, discussion of 3-day food record with suggestions for improvement
- Identifying the barriers that may be preventing you from achieving your goals
- Developing an actionable set of strategies that will allow you to break through these barriers and achieve measurable results
- Based on a detailed analysis of your 3-day food record, you will leave with:
- An individual, highly-personalized nutrition plan designed to help you meet your goals
- Meal and recipe ideas designed that are delicious, healthy, and aligned with your personalized plan
This introductory session typically lasts 1 hour.
Nutrition Follow-up Appointment ($65)
This session is typically 2-4 weeks after your initial consultation.
- We will take a close look at your progress and discuss how you have been adopting your personalized nutrition plan
- After a discussion, we will make the necessary adjustments to the initial plan to ensure you are continuing to progress towards your health & nutrition goals
This session typically lasts 45 minutes. Katie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.